Applied Physics USA Provides Polystyrene Latex, Dry Powder, Size Particle Standards.
PSL Spheres, polystyrene latex beads, calibrated polymer microspheres for particle size standards used to calibrate airborne optical particle counters. OPC counters are required to meet ISO 21501-4 requirements for size calibrationation. These dry microspheres are a dry powder used in a variety calibration applications by Pharmaceutical QA/QC managers in pharmaceutical, biotech; as well as aerosol and electronic engineers. The peak size of the microsphere beads has a calibration variation about the mean of 2.5% or less of the mean particle diameter.
These dry polystyrene latex particles are made from Polystyrene divinylbenzene and has a CAS # of 9003-70-7. The dry powder is used in aerosol particle counter calibration. The size diameter is traceable to SRMs of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). Each bottle comes with a Certificate of Calibration and Traceability in support of QA/QC audits, as well as calibration requirements.
- Mean particle size standard has an uncertainty of ≤2.5% to support ISO and size calibration of laser particle counters and air particle counters
- Size peak has a narrow distribution for calibration of your OPC and LPC counters
- The microsphere size peak is traceable to NIST SRM standards
- Certificate of Traceability is included with each product in support of QC and QA compliance
- Sizes available cover the key size calibration points of 3μm, 5μm, 7μm and 10μm
- Each 1 gram of dry powder is contained in a dropper-tipped bottle for quick insertion into a sample chamber